Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Checking Off Items On My Bucket List

When I told people I chose to study abroad in Belgium I got a lot of puzzling looks.  Why not France, you speak French? Well, my experience in France was not the greatest and I had no intentions to study in France.  I have always thought of Belgium as a good fit for me. I have friends who live not too far from Brussels. Belgium is also a very central location for those who love to travel.  It is so easy to get a lot of places.  I have already booked my train ticket to London to visit friends in October, and this weekend, some girls from my program and I are going to Amsterdam and renting a house boat! so exciting! Plans are also in the making for Oktoberfest in Munich Germany where I will have my first experience with couch surfing!!! Aside from the great location, Brussels is also very political, and have you heard about the food?! The Huffington Post posted an article about the 13 Foods That'll Make you want to visit Belgium, and less than two weeks in, I have mastered a good chunk of that list! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/21/belgian-cuisine-food_n_4617498.html
1. Moules
2. Waffles
3. Frites
4. Tiny Creepy Pickled Shrimp
5. The Beer
6. Carbonnades (the beef)
and Speculoos and Chocolate!



  




No comments:

Post a Comment