Saturday, August 16, 2014

Journey to the Waffles!

That time has come again that I am blogging from an airport on my way to Europe. However, this time I won't be stepping on to American soil for 4 whole months.  This journey is something that has been planed since I was in high school and the time has finally come… a semester abroad in Belgium! I would like to think I have learned something about pre-departures from past trips, but this morning I showed up to the Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport with two 50 pound bags packed to the limit! The biggest lesson I learned during the packing process, my shoes weigh A LOT! This may come as a shock to most people who know me but for 4 months, my shoe count during packing was only 10 pairs, and only 2 of those have heels on them!
I am going to miss a lot about home these 4 months (ice, air-conditioning, the convenience of Walmart, the University of Arkansas in the fall) but most of all my friends and family (including the furry members). As a friend put it on Sunday, There is no place like home!
Well I have one more flight to go before I arrive in Belgium.. wish me luck on being able to sleep on this flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment